Wednesday, April 12, 2006

In the life of a preschooler

I was covering someone's shift in the 3 year-old room at the daycare this morning. We were trying to get all the kids to the carpet so we could spell a word before they went outside to play. I looked over and saw a little girl pulling her pants down. I told her she needed to keep her pants on and she replied with, "But I want to show (insert name) my itchy" She contined to pull her pants, so finally I had to pick her up and carry her to the bathroom, where we waited until she decided to get dressed again.

The real shocker happened on Monday though. I was checking child A out and talking to the child A's parent. Child B decided to interrupt me to tell me that his mom said she wanted to break his dad's...(in a loud whisper)...penis. I was dumbfounded about what to say to child B. And to top it off, another parent was just watching and waiting to see how I'd respond. (Maybe she wasn't really, but I sure felt like she was!!)

Such a wonderful job!!

No comments: