Saturday, June 09, 2007

Knotty Pine

I got my first flat tire on Friday. The road we take to Ames is closed for construction, so we take gravel that takes us almost directly to work instead of detouring out of the way. On Thursday, they put new rock down. On Friday, I got a flat tire. Do you think there might be a connection?? Since I was driving on gravel when it happened, I was getting thrown around a lot anyways and had no idea that I was driving on a flat tire. I noticed something odd when I got back on a paved road, but I was a couple blocks from work, so I just drove the rest of the way, even though I was pretty sure it was flat. Turns out, I'd already been driving on a flat for so long, it didn't really matter.

This picture illustrates how long I'd been driving on a flat tire. Half of the word on the side is worn off (actually over a 1/4 inch of rubber had worn off) from driving on the side wall. Oops!! Thankfully, there was minimal damage otherwise, so it was fixed pretty easily!!

No comments: