Monday, April 12, 2010

Atkins Diet Dream?


This is Kentucky Fried Chicken's newest "sandwich." It's called the Double Down. There are 2 fried chicken filets as the 'bun', with 2 strips of bacon, monteray and pepper jack cheese and a zesty sauce inside.
While I realize that there are plenty of other fast food options out on the market that are probably even higher in calories/fat/all that bad stuff, seeing the large banner for this particular offering just made me cringe. I thought, "No wonder almost 2/3 of American adults are overweight!!"
We already try to avoid having fast food very often and when we do, Aaron and I usually try to split something. After seeing this, I'll be watching what we (I) eat even closer. This makes me look forward to garden season even more. We rarely ever eat out in the summer when we have a garden full of veggies we can eat at home!!

No comments: