Friday, June 09, 2006

Note to self:

When letting the dogs inside for the last time at night, make sure you shut the inside door as well as the screen door. When putting the dogs in their cages at night, make sure the cages are locked. Most importantly, if you think you hear some noises in the living room while you're trying to go to sleep, check it out instead of just laying there lazily.

I got out of bed and opened the door this morning, expecting to fight off the cats as usual. Instead I had a puppy (a puppy for three more days!!) come bounding at me. Aren't you supposed to be in your cage?!? I thought. Then I saw the door wide open, and even though he was right there in front of me, I almost had a heart attack thinking about how easily he could have escaped last night.

Amazingly, there were no messes. He didn't get into the trash or tear anything up. I think we'll still be locking the boys up when we're not around though...

No comments: