Thursday, March 08, 2007

13 blueberries, 2 blackberries, 2 apples, 1/2 banana

As I'm writing this, there are approximately 31 hours until Aaron and I leave for vacation. "Leave" is defined as the minute we get to step foot outside of Gateway tomorrow afternoon. It should be great, and just thinking about it makes me smile. We get to spend 8 glorious days with weather in the upper 80's, never more than an elevator's ride down to the ocean. This is unofficially our honeymoon. I say unofficially, because there are 3 other couples going, so it won't be the typical honeymoon scene.

We are so thankful that we are able to go on this trip. Matt and Ashley have provided us with a place to stay, free of charge. My brother has agreed to stay at our house all week long and take care of our dogs, for only the cost of gas money to and from Ames, much more affordable than kenneling the boys. My parents have agreed to take us to the airport and Aaron's parents have agreed to pick us up, so we don't have to pay to park our car all week. We'll have a kitchen available to us, so we won't have to eat out all week, making our expenses very low while we're there. Aaron has something like 7 weeks of vacation to use in the next 2 years, so he's able to take almost a week and a half off from work. And I have one last Spring Break, that will be spent in the company of my husband. Yay!!

1 comment:

.ambre. said...

sounds wonderful! hope the weather's great for you both. :)