Monday, May 28, 2007

Curly Grass

Attention Bock grandchildren!! Do you remember this??

Aaron and I bought some of this at Menard's the other day when we were buying exterior house paint. Once we got it home and used some of it, the smell immediately reminded me of playing in Grammie and Papa's basement. My grandpa had some soap just like this at the basement bathroom sink. We always liked using it as kids, because it has pumice in it, so it was totally cool and different.

It's amazing how strongly scent can be tied to memories.

2 comments:

.ambre. said...

good luck with that, fatty! i have seven pounds of baby fat yet that has decided it doesn't want to leave... ever...

-ambre ;)

Anonymous said...

You know, there is this type of gelato they make here called "Rose Petal" and it smells just like this toy that I loved playing with in childhood and I get it everytime it is out for the sole purpose of remembering the smell from childhood. I love that feeling!