Saturday, May 26, 2007

Solar Lights

This week has been very challenging for me...

In the last few years, I have put on a substantial amount of weight. Now, most people tell me that I'm crazy and that I'm still super skinny. I'll admit that I may have been on the "too skinny" side of the scale before, but my "badonka-donk butt" and "thunder thighs" are really starting to flourish!!

Previously, I had been able to tell myself that I was just too busy with school, work, wedding plans, etc... Since I haven't found a job yet, I'm only working 20 hours a week at Gateway. So this week, I decided that I no longer had any excuse not to get my butt in gear. I have been counting my calories all week and was initially disgusted by how many I was eating in a day. But by the end of the week, I've already whittled my calories down and discovered some very tasty, low calorie snacks. I have also spent quite a bit of time being hungry :-D

I (we've...I love my supportive husband!!) been trying to be more active as well. Taking the dogs on walks and bike rides. Tonight, we went on a five mile bike ride. After how lazy we've been over the last few months, 5 miles was quite a distance. Especially considering that the last half was against the wind. The walk down the stairs to let the dogs out when we got home almost had me falling flat on my face.

Here's hoping that my willpower holds up and the donut around my middle disappears!!

No comments: