Sunday, February 03, 2008

There's yellow corn and green corn and...

I am sort of a picky eater. I used to be a lot worse, but Aaron has encouraged me to try a lot of new things. I never thought I'd say that grilled salmon and asparagus is one of my favorite meals, but it is!!

Yesterday I tried a dried apricot (even dipped it in chocolate) which I wasn't a fan of. The key point is that I tried it though, because a couple years ago I wouldn't have even tried it. Then when I got home Aaron had made a chicken and vegetable soup. He apparently thought that I was only 3 years old and that I could be tricked into not noticing that there were peas in the soup. I don't like peas. I think they're gross and mushy, but I'm not so bad that I would pick them out of the soup, I just don't want a big pile of them with dinner. When I asked what all was in the soup, Aaron mocked my dislike for peas by telling me that there was "carrots, green beans, yellow corn, green corn, chicken..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! At least it wasn't the dried peas and wasabi though, right? :)! I am glad you tried the apricot, even if you didn't like it, I am very proud of you! (Though, I think I will use that "green corn" trick on my older sister who to this day detests peas.

So much fun to be with you this weekend friend!

.ambre. said...

green corn... HA!
miss you, friend!