Monday, July 28, 2008

I *heart* S'mores!!

Camping is great. There are lots of things I could talk about in regards to my enjoyment of camping...the chance to relax, 2-minute mysteries by the fire, the necessity of cuddling my husband to stay warm...but my favorite part is the S'mores!! I prefer to eat them with every meal while camping, and generally do. Camping with a 6-year old sort of made me think about that in a new light though.
Saturday morning there was a bit of a battle getting Roarke to eat breakfast, because he just wanted to eat S'mores. After all, they're tasty and his older sister was eating them, so why can't he fill up on S'mores instead of eating eggs, potatoes and sausage?? We finally convinced him. And I still had 2 S'mores at breakfast :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you fresh ground flax on your s'mores, they would totally count as a healthy breakfast!