Friday, August 08, 2008

"Organic Veggies Not Healthier"

I saw this headline today and just had to read the article. It says,

"Buying organic vegetables might make you feel safer about avoiding chemicals and better for possibly helping the planet, but the food won't be any more healthful."

Avoiding the ingestion of chemicals (or hormones or antibiotics with meat and dairy) is my main motivation for getting anything organic. And 'helping the planet' would have to be my second objective. I have never once thought that organic veggies would have more nutrients than non-organic.

Is this a common theory that I wasn't aware of?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no. they're just trying to trick people with wording. a lot of people would read that and say "it's no more healthy for me? then why am i eating it?" not realizing that they are talking vitamin health not toxins in the blood stream health. that's all!