Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Free Time

I think most people find themselves saying, "I'd do _____ if I just had more free time." Well, Friday is my last day at Gateway, so I'll suddenly have a lot more free time. It's not exactly how I would have liked to get more free time, but I'm going to try to make the best of it. I've been coming up with a list of things I'm going to try to do next week - some more exciting than others - to keep myself busy, so it doesn't just turn into a big pity party for myself. Here's my list so far:
  • Research and apply for every possible legitimate job opportunity. (The Obvious)
  • Have lunch with my friend Becky, without looking at the clock even once to see if I need to hurry back to work.
  • Go to the chiropractor. My hips have been out of alignment for weeks, but I've been putting it off, knowing I'd have lots of free time coming up.
  • Make bread. We've tried making bread twice this week with our bread machine, and it's turned out funky. We can't tell if it's because we're using the delay setting or if something's wrong with it.
  • Find the ingredients for and make homemade laundry detergent.
  • Get a book from the library on the Bradley Birthing Method and other natural birthing techniques and start loading up on info.
  • Perfect my Wii Bowling and attempt to get my first Turkey.
  • Go through what has become the junk bedroom and figure out what we're keeping, what we can sell, give away or throw away. Then, organize the rest!!
  • List a bunch of stuff on Craigslist.
  • Finish and send out our holiday cards. Better late than never, right??
  • Put away the remaining Christmas decorations. Sorry love!!
  • Attempt to invent "the next big thing" so we never have to worry about money again.

If you're in the area and have some time to hang out, let me know!! I'd be more than happy to put off one of the more productive items on my list for some quality social time!!

No comments: