Sunday, January 25, 2009

Week #1

So I had my first week of unemployement and abundant free time. I feel like I managed to stay fairly productive - and even took a shower every day!! Here's what I got done:

  • Research and apply for every possible legitimate job opportunity. (The Obvious) I didn't find any new jobs to apply for, but I did have one interview and a proficiency test for another position.
  • Have lunch with my friend Becky, without looking at the clock even once to see if I need to hurry back to work.
  • Go to the chiropractor. My hips have been out of alignment for weeks, but I've been putting it off, knowing I'd have lots of free time coming up.
  • Make bread. We've tried making bread twice this week with our bread machine, and it's turned out funky. We can't tell if it's because we're using the delay setting or if something's wrong with it. I made bread on the Express setting and it worked. I still have to test the regular setting.
  • Find the ingredients for and make homemade laundry detergent. I've checked 3 stores and haven't been able to find Washing Soda yet, so I'm still on the hunt.
  • Get a book from the library on the Bradley Birthing Method and other natural birthing techniques and start loading up on info. I also got a couple books on eating well during pregnancy - I'm hoping to find some inspiration in recipes and snack ideas.
  • Perfect my Wii Bowling and attempt to get my first Turkey.
  • Go through what has become the junk bedroom and figure out what we're keeping, what we can sell, give away or throw away. Then, organize the rest!!
  • List a bunch of stuff on Craigslist.
  • Finish and send out our holiday cards. Better late than never, right??
  • Put away the remaining Christmas decorations. Sorry love!!
  • Attempt to invent "the next big thing" so we never have to worry about money again.

I also did a bunch of laundry, kept up on the dishes and made dinner every night (things my wonderful hubby normally did the bulk of.) I spent a few hours hanging out with a friend's baby so she could get some errands run, had a nice long phone conversation with a few friends, deep cleaned our stove, brushed out the dogs and vacuumed the basement. On the less productive front, I also watched 4 episodes of "Private Practice" and read a couple novels. And unfortunately, I spent 2 days cleaning up after a sick dog (as much as it sucked, we were sort of glad he wasn't stuck in his cage all day.)


It looks like I have plenty of things left on the list that I didn't get to this week that should keep me busy next week. And I'm sure I'll find plenty of things to keep me busy that aren't on the list.

No comments: