Sunday, December 18, 2005

COOKIES!!!

After working 67 hours this last week, Aaron had today off. I worked 40 hours and took all of my finals, so today was my first free day in a while as well. Let me tell you, it was a great day!! I never thought I'd say this, but I am so happy that I got to do dishes and laundry today!!

After eating breakfast together this morning, we spent the next couple hours (yes, more than one) doing dishes. It was very exciting when we got them all done. Then we started in on making Christmas cookies. We made 4 kinds of cookies and one kind of bars today. That's about half of our goodies. Amazingly, we only sampled a couple!! I don't think we gained more than a pound each ;-)

We did learn a couple things about making Nestle Tollhouse cookies that aren't flat. (1) Make sure your butter is soft to light pressure. If you need to soften it, microwave it at 30% for 10-15 seconds at a time. (2) If you're not adding nuts, add an extra 1-2 Tablespoons of flour. (3) Put your cookie sheets in the freezer for about a minute before using and make sure they are free of grease. If you do all of these things, your cookies will turn out nice and fluffy. We may or may not have to remake one batch of cookies, because we didn't know about all of these suggestions until afterwards.

No comments: