Sunday, February 05, 2006

A Kitten on the Highway

So as I was driving home from Ames today, I glanced over near the on-ramp (I was on Highway 30 at the Gateway exit) and saw a little kitten sitting in the weeds. It made me so sad that as I continued driving, I called Aaron at work to see if it would be okay if the kitten lived at our house, even for just a couple days, if I saved it. He said it would be, so when I got off at the South Dakota exit, I got right back on and headed back. I turned around again and then pulled over on the side of the on-ramp (There was a lot of turning around). I got out of my car and looked all around for the kitten (and got some strange looks from passer-byers!!). Sadly, I couldn't find the kitten, so I either have a very vivid imagination, or it's wandering around near Highway 30 somewhere!!

No comments: