Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Is it possible to become addicted after one use??

I think we all know what I'm talking about here. BreatheRight strips of course!!

I spent the weekend feeling horrible, first thinking it was allergies and then realizing that my allergy medicine wasn't helping, so I must be sick!! The cold ran its course, the runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, etc...and by Monday I was in the congestion phase. I had trouble eating a cookie Monday afternoon because I had to stop chewing, breathe a little, then chew more and swallow, then breathe for a while before I could take another bite. For anyone who knows me, it's big news when I can't just inhale a cookie!! The same problem occured at dinner. Aaron made me tasty chicken and noodles served with mashed potatoes...yummy!! but I could hardly eat it. So he suggested that I put on a BreatheRight strip. I resisted at first, thinking how silly I would look, but gave in, because I just wanted to breathe and I was willing to try anything. The moment I put it on, I could breathe easily. It was amazing!!

Now I'm walking around campus, wishing that they had invisible BreatheRight strips, because I can't breathe as well as I could with the BreatheRight strip on. All I can think about is how wonderful it will be at 6pm when I get home and I can put one on again and breathe!!

46 days from now, I'll be Mrs. Mortvedt!!

No comments: