Monday, December 10, 2007

1+2 vs. 2+1

I generally check www.kcci.com a few times a day for the latest news. I think their website - of the local news channels sites - is the easiest to navigate. However, sometimes I just want to write them a letter and ask if they'd like to hire me on as a proofreader. Sometimes there are sentences that don't even make sense with the combination of words they use or other times a spelling error. Today, it says this in one of their stories:

"Tonight, there is a chance of freezing rain, snow and sleet in the evening, then snow, sleet and freezing rain mainly after midnight."

Is there a difference between "freezing rain, snow and sleet" versus "snow, sleet and freezing rain" that I"m just missing??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It probably has something to do with the likelihood of each one of those events happening.