Friday, December 14, 2007

Trying to Understand the World...Part II

I'm always amazed by product packaging. Sometimes the jaw-dropping occurs because of the warning label attached to it. I bought a curling iron that had a picture of a curling iron going straight into the eye (think perpendicular to they eye) with a line through it - essentially saying "Don't stick the curling iron in your eye!" Well thank you very much for such an informative warning. I was just about to jab my eye with something hot and pokey!! But then it hits me that someone must have done that at some point or they wouldn't include such a crazy warning!! Go here for other wacky warnings.


Then there are other products that just have strange packaging. The hot sauce packets at Taco Bell have little sayings on them like "My brother was killed by a bike tire." I can guarantee you that the saying on the hot sauce packet will not influence my decision on whether to go there or elsewhere. I bought a bag of chocolate covered pretzels this morning that seem to be trying to sell me on the goodness of the pretzels - not the taste, but the behavior of the pretzels. "Rold Gold pretzels must have been bery good this year, because their wish came true - they got dipped in chocolatey fudge. Enjoy the sweet and salty flavor of Rold Gold Dipped Twists Fudge Coated Pretzels. Proof that if you're good, your wishes come true." I already bought the pretzels. Don't lie to me about how if you're good all your wishes will come true. And how do you measure whether a pretzel behaved or not?!? They are tasty though, so that's a plus!!

No comments: