Friday, December 21, 2007

Randomness

  • This guy rocks my socks off!! I'll admit that often times when I do something "good," I selfishly want to make sure other people know about it. I suppose it's possible that this guys motive was also selfish, if for no other reason than to make himself feel good. The whole thing reminds me of the Friends episode where Phoebe and Joey are arguing about whether or not you can ever committ a truly selfless act, because often times the person that's doing the supposed selfless act is getting the reward of feeling good about themselves, so in part at least, they're doing it for themselves. At one point, Phoebe says that she finally found a selfless good deed: she let a bee sting her. She figures the bee is happy and she is not, until Joey tells her that the bee most likely died after it stung her.
  • The weather has been very confusing to me lately. I don't ever remember dealing with fog in the winter before. (That's not to say it hasn't happened, just that I don't remember it...) But I know I have driven to work in the fog at least 3 times in the last couple weeks and driven home in it at least 2 times. And it seems like we usually don't get this much ice over the course of an entire winter, let alone before winter has ever started. I suppose this weekend's storm will fall into the winter category, since today is the official start of winter though.
  • Have you baked your Christmas goodies yet?? Aaron and I started last night. We made the dough for Pepperming Spiral Cookies. We've never made them before, but I think they'll be pretty good. The dough has to be refrigerated overnight, so we'll be baking them off tonight. We also attempted to make homemade caramel, but we knew as we were going that they wouldn't turn out. We must have had the stove too hot, because they heated up way too fast and didn't set up much overnight. So we'll have to try those again tonight. We have our plan of attack figured out for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully we can find some time to hit the gym too, because we aren't making anything "light."
  • Today is my last day at Almaco. It just wasn't the right fit for me and a full-time position opened up at Gateway that I know I'll enjoy (it's my old job, only full-time!!) I'm very excited to go back to Gateway and also very excited that my first day there isn't until January 2nd. That means after today I have 11 days off in a row!! I'm very thankful that it worked out this way, so that I'll be able to spend lots of time with friends and family over the holiday week!!

1 comment:

littlemamaguru said...

Congrats on the new/old job! (I saw on your FB that your job status changed so thanks for writing the reason why!)

You guys have a Merry Christmas!!! LOVE!!!