Wednesday, January 25, 2006

2+ Liters of Water

So I've been trying to drink more water lately. To aid me in this task, I took a 1 Liter bottle of water to class with me today. I drank one while at class and one while I was at work. I noticed having to use the restroom more often than normal, but didn't think too much of it. I went to the restroom right before I left work and thought everything would be fine.

That's up until I was so busy talking to the love of my life about his new promotion that I missed my exit and added an extra 10 minutes onto my drive home. When I was about 5 minutes from home, I honestly thought about pulling over to the side of the road to "pop a squat." Then I realized that it was only about 30 degrees out and I thought I could last another 5 minutes. The bumpy ride into the driveway almost got the best of me though.

The whole experience reminded me of something I heard on the radio this morning. Due to the Chinese New Year (we'll be in the Year of the Dog starting on Monday--I hope I can remember not to write 'Year of the Cock' on my checks anymore!!) millions of people are traveling on packed trains in China to see family. First, you must wait hours in line to get a ticket and then ride on a bathroom-less train. Supposedly, this has significantly increased the sale of adult diapers. Man, oh man did I wish I had one of those this afternoon!!

No comments: