Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mufasa, Simba, Scar and the Gang

I must rave about how wonderful the Lion King was. (For those who don't know, the Broadway Musical is in Des Moines for 6 weeks.) My mom and I had a girls night out last night and it was great!! We started out by going to Splash, a seafood restaurant right across from the Civic Center, that also has amazing chocolate chip peanut butter cheesecake. Then we headed right over to the show, with just enough time to find our seats and make a quick trip to the bathroom. The costumes and sets were amazing. My favorites were the giraffes and the elephant. The only part of the night that I would have changed would be the couple sitting next to my mom that had to talk about everything. And I stress, talk, not whisper. "Oh look, there's a zebra!!" "Do you see the tears?? Wow!!" "Look at the birds!!" I must stress though, that it was an otherwise splendiferous night!!

No comments: