Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My first day of classes

I have arranged to have a Tuesday/Thursday class schedule this semester so that I can work 3 days a week and so that I can have a 4-day weekend for our wedding (Yay!! Only 67 days to go...) so today was my first day of class. Because the classes only meet 2 days a week, they meet for 1.5-2 hours instead of just 1 hour. Not today though. I haven't had a class last more than a half hour. So I've been left wandering around campus for an hour or more in between each class.

I spent some of that time yelling at the Parking Division. They lost my application for a parking permit, which I needed because I don't live in Ames. Yesterday I was told that some permits were put aside for work appeals, so I could turn in one of those and get a permit. So I go in today to do that, and I'm told that I'll have to be put on a waiting list and it could be anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks until I get a permit. 6 weeks?!? What's the point in that?? The semester's more than a third over at that point. I was most frustrated by the fact that I talked to 3 different people and got three different stories.

I also am ready to drop one of my classes already. The professor has the attitude that she's better than an introductory level course and we should all just be glad she's willing to teach it. I'm looking for a non-stress semester and she just doesn't seem to fit into the plan. If I drop this course, then I only have to be om campus from 11-5 on T/R. I might take an Economics course online instead. Then next semester I could take a Marketing class, which I think would be really interesting. We'll see how everything pans out...

No comments: