Thursday, August 24, 2006

The countdown has officially begun

I'm a big dork. There's no point in pretending that I'm not. So when Aaron and I first got engaged, I would occasionally spout off the number of days until we were married. It was right around a year at the time, so it was easy to figure out. But after a week or two into November, it wasn't so easy anymore. I would still occasionally see the number on theknot.com, which keeps a count for me, but it was very sporadic that I would know the number of days.

Today, there are 65 days left. I can tell you that without even really thinking about it. I have been able to do this for about a week or so, therefore I feel confident saying that the countdown has officially begun!!

That's both exciting and scary for me. It means we're getting really close and only 65 days from now I will be married to the man I love. (YAY!!) It also means that only 65 days from now I have to have everything done!! Luckily, the last week or so has been very productive and Aaron has been amazing with all of the help he's given. I have realized that I can't do everything myself and have started asking for help, from my parents, Aaron's parents and friends.

I think at this time I should make it publicly known that Amanda is the bridesmaid of the month. She is making the trip down to Des Moines that I don't have time for to get more of my wonderful paper. Thanks Amanda!! I'm still working on an official ribbon... Missy is helping me figure out how to do my hair, because my hair and I have a hate-hate sort of relationship. And she told me last night that she got me a present. Bethany is still trying to give me the shower and bachelorette party that I want, even though she just started her first job as a college grad and moved to a suburb of Chicago. And I know that my new sister-in-law is just a phone call away when I need her help, which I'm sure is coming very soon. I'm so glad that I'm not like the brides from "Bridezilla" who complain constantly about their bridesmaids or who have bridesmaids that alter the dress, because they don't think it's pretty enough, etc...

Hooray for only 65 more days!!

No comments: