Monday, July 25, 2005

My favorite Spice Girl is "Sporty Spice"

Tonight Aaron and I had dinner at my parent's house. Joining us were my brother's fiance, Becky, and my cousin, Susan. Somehow, the conversation turned to Susan's attendance at her stepson's sporting events and the seasons that they take place. At this point, my mom started making fun of me and my knowledge of sports, or what she thought was my lack of knowledge. Little did she know that I've become quite the sports fanatic!! Let me give you the run-down.

My favorite NFL team: Atlanta Falcons
My favorite MLB team: Atlanta Braves
When I was about 2 (approximately 1987) David Archer, a former ISU quarterback, was drafted to the falcons. This was the first ISU player that I knew of that was playing on a pro-team. Sharing the same hometown is one of the reasons why I like the Braves, but also because one of my favorite players, Deion Sanders played for both the Falcons and the Braves at the same time. One time, he played a World Series game and a football game in the same time. He had to be flown from one to another in a helicopter. And, he scored a homerun and a touchdown in the same day!!
My favorite NHL team: Until recently, I didn't have one, because they're in a lockout, but not it's the Redwings.
My favorite NBA team: I don't have one, because they don't play enough "D" (aka-defense) in pro-basketball. I am a big ISU Cyclones basketball fan though!!

This is a summary of all of the information that I spouted out during the conversation of my sports knowledge. By the end, my mom was laughing hysterically. But, if you know me, you know that I'm really not very knowledgeable about sports or even interested in them. Aaron is a sports fan though, and I love doing things with/talking to him about things he likes, so I've acquired all of this knowledge. All except the hockey part, that's just how I'm going to suck up to the general manager of the Hotel, because he's a MAJOR hockey fan!!

I spose this was all funnier when I was spouting it all out, basically as fast as I could, with a few pit-stops along the way to whisper to Aaron, asking for a little reminder about one of my favorites!! Thinking back, I realize that my family spent about 20 minutes making fun of me, but it really is funny and a good ending to a stressful day at work, but that's a whole 'nother story...

No comments: