Friday, July 29, 2005

To work, or not to work, that is the question...

At the beginning of the summer, I complained endlessly about not getting enough hours at work. I barely had enough money to pay my bills and definitely didn't have any "fun money." The whole thing was very frustrating for me, because in my world, summer is a time to work hard and make money.

Now, for the past couple weeks, I haven't had a day off. I've been working 6 or 7 days a week at the hotel, working between a couple departments. I was also helping Aaron while his dad was gone, although that seemed the least like work, because I got to spend the day with the man I love :-) Now that I've gotten my wish, and I have more hours, I wish I had a day when I didn't have to work.

Thinking about it though, what I really want is to have a life. A grown-up life. I doubt there are too many people my age who would say that, but I wish that I was done with school and I could find a job, preferably an 8-5 job, and really establish my life. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I'm an organizer and a planner. I'm also kind of lazy sometimes, and I like to have free time, which means I'm sick of working all weekend, every weekend, while going to school and working all week.

I've found the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with. We have a nice little house and a few pets to keep us busy. We're figuring out where we want our lives to go, the most important part being that our futures are together. I think I'm just ready for the next step in my life and I'm ready for my life to slow down a little. The first step to slowing down is being planned for next weekend. I have a nice, relaxing surprise planned for Aaron. That is, if I can manage to keep it a secret... But in the meantime, I hope to peak his curiosity by mentioning it all the time, including in this current blog entry. Tee-hee!!

No comments: