Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I said "YES!!"

Aaron is the most amazing guy ever. I came home after class yesterday and found rose petals and roses scattered all over our house, but since he's such a romantic guy, I didn't even think it was a proposal until the end!!

So I already said there were rose petals and roses...Well, each of the roses had a card attached to it, summarizing one of the 12 months we've been together.


(This is July...talks about celebrating the 4th "Slater style" and other fun stuff)

The summaries were very pretty and I could tell that he took a lot of time not only writing them, but also "crafting" them. The month of September was propped against the office door and started out with "I started looking for an engagement ring for you..." and that's when it finally hit me. This wasn't just another sweet thing Aaron was doing for me, this was a proposal!!

I opened the door and saw Aaron in the middle of the room with another dozen roses for me. He pulled me into the room, got down on one knee, and told me how much he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. I was crying by this point and forgot to say yes!! I just pulled him up, gave him a big kiss, and told him how much I loved him. He asked if that was a yes, and I excitedly told him it was!!

He had everything planned to a tee. He started a playlist of songs that were important to us and we danced for a few songs, grinning the whole time, with me sneaking as many glances at my ring as possible!!

(This is my beautiful ring-.8 Karats, Princess Cut, Platinum Cathedral Setting)

After watching the webcam video of the proposal a couple times and soaking it all in, we headed up to my parent's house. My mom knew the proposal was coming, as Aaron talked to her and Steve on Thursday of last week, but they thought it was going to be tomorrow (our 1 yr. anniversary). Aaron, as usual, was thoughtful enough to propose early though, because my parents are going out of town tomorrow morning and he knew I'd want to share this with them. My Steven took this wonderful picture of us while we were over there.


(Notice how the hand with the ring is beautifully featured in this picture :-D)

We're already starting to make plans. My mom called in and booked the reception site today, which is how people at work found out I got engaged (I was working in the Sales Office at Gateway). I can't wait to keep planning so we can make this whole deal even more official!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are very happy for you. Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Makes a girl weak in the knees! Good job Aaron! We love you two!

I can't wait to see the ring in person Blakely! Beautiful!

Much love!
Dana & Josh & Crew!

Anonymous said...

This is Keeton, sorry I haven't been able to get a hold of you. I love you so much binky. You deserve this happiness more then anyone else in the world. Your heart is the biggest and the best I have ever seen. I hope that you have the day of your life everyday with Arron. I am so happy for you two!
All the Love I can Hold in my Heart for Both of you,
Keeton