Friday, October 07, 2005

My tuition is paying for what??

I'm taking a few classes this semester in which I don't care for my professors. I like the course, which makes it that much more disappointing. The one that annoys me most, though, is my Sociology 330 (Race and Ethnic Relations) professor. First off, it's the first time he's taught this course and he doesn't seem to really know what he's talking about. I could let that slide under normal conditions, because someone has to be the guinea pig for professors. The part that really irks me is the fact that he can't show up to class on time or show up to his office hours. 2 out of the 3 times that I've tried to go to his office hours so far, he hasn't been there. I've waited 20 or 30 minutes into the hour, and he still doesn't show up. Then he tries to lie about it and say he was only gone for 5 or 10 minutes!! Every day, he's about 5 minutes late for class and then quite often can't get his powerpoint to work, causing class to be delayed another 5 minutes. By the end of class, when he's 15 or 20 minutes behind, he tries to cram it all in in the last 5 minutes and generally ends class late. Today, class started, the professor announced that he was going to start a video for us and then 'run back to his office real quick' to grab tests and papers that he still needs to hand back. Now, his office is only 2 buildings away and he's been gone for over 30 minutes now. Why do I have to pay to take a class from this man?!?

P.S.-Happy Birthday to my mommy!!

No comments: