Friday, October 21, 2005

We're not turning our heat on!!

Aaron and I are on the budget plan for our utilities, so we pay a set amount every month. This amount is determined based on the previous year's usage, so we're determined to save next year by not turning on our heat until absolutely necessary this year!! We originally said we wouldn't turn it on before November 1st. I think we can make it past that though. We recently won a king size down comforter from work that has become our 'couch blanket.' We also have a down blanket and a down comforter on our bed. To top it all off, Aaron got us down robes from Overstock.com, and when paired with hooded sweatshirts, we always stay toasty warm!!

(And we look so spiffy!!)

I know that our resolve will be tested in the next couple weeks, but I think we can do it!! I'd like to thank my mom for keeping our house at an insanely cold temperature, correctly preparing me to save money in my own home!!

No comments: