Thursday, February 22, 2007

Cornbread and Chili

Justin and I went over to Cedar Rapids last Saturday to hang out with my dad and Roarke. We had such a great time!! We took Roarke bowling for the first time ever. I thought it was pretty great because I got to bowl with the bumpers up (which boosted my score all the way up to 86!!) and Roarke had such a good time too!! Here are a few of the high points:
  • Roarke was worried that if he actually threw the ball it might fall on his toes, so he very masterfully slid the ball down the alley. We thought the ball might stop a few times, but it always made it to the end.

  • After giving his ball a big shove, he would stand up, move to the side of the alley, stick his hands on his hips and wait. He even did a little hip-wiggling dance a few times while waiting.
  • Don't think that the dance had anyting to do with his success though!! When my dad tried to tell Roarke that he should do the dance so he could knock down all of the pins, Roarke responded by saying, "I know how to bowl Old Man. I don't need to do a dance!!" (Justin had changed our dad's name to "Old Man" on the display and we had Roarke calling him that all afternoon...)
  • Roarke got soooo excited every time he saw his ball coming back and always wanted to hold onto it, even if he was just sitting there.

Overall, we had a great time. The weather was a little iffy for driving conditions. Justin and I counted 66 vehicles in the ditch on our way to Cedar Rapids, including 3 semis, but we made it and had a wonderful time.

No comments: