Thursday, February 01, 2007

You've got to be kidding me!! A HIGH of zero?!?

So I'm thinking about donating plasma. At BioLife in Ames, you can donate two times a week for a total of $60 ($20 the first time and $40 the second). Aaron and I are lucky enough to be going on vacation in just over 5 weeks, but don't have a lot of spending money set aside. On top of the monetary incentive, I know it's a good thing to do and it can save lives.

However, I hate needles. When I was 6 years old and getting shots, I screamed at the nurse to "get that thing out of me!!" and my perspective hasn't changed much since then. So the idea of sitting for over an hour with a needle in my arm makes me very nervous. And I've heard that it can really start to hurt after a while because of scar tissue.

Has anyone had any experiences with plasma donation?? Tell me what you think...

No comments: