Thursday, September 06, 2007

Belly Flops

We got our water bill the other day and WOW!! Slater recently increased their rates and it must have taken effect this last month. Our bill was at least 150% of what our bills used to be. That's a pretty big increase for one month and it got me thinking. I'd like to take this opportunity to issue a formal apology to my parents...
  • I'm sorry for all those times I took a 30 minute shower, just because I was feeling lazy. Or even those times that left the water running the entire time I was brushing my teeth. What a waste!!
  • I apologize for all those times I complained about how cold the house was, instead of just cuddling up in a blanket or just joining you in the basement in front of the warm fire. And for all the times I whined about how hot it was, I should have just turned on my fan. Turns out, electricity is expensive!!
  • For all the nights that I grumbled about having the same old thing for dinner, I'm sorry. Actually mustering up the ambition to make dinner after being at work all day is hard itself, but as it turns out, you have to come up with an idea first!!
  • I couldn't believe that you made me sort my laundry instead of just leaving it all in one big pile. Now I'd like to say, thanks for letting me get by so easy!! The washing, drying, folding and putting away are tough work.
  • When I thought you were the "worst parents ever," because you wouldn't buy me a $100 pair of jeans, I was so wrong!! You can buy 4 pairs for that price, and no one can even tell the difference unless they're looking at the tag. Turns out, you were great parents!!
  • I rolled my eyes when you asked me to turn down the music in my car when you were riding with me. But now I understand. It's hard to hear over the music if you want to have a real conversation with someone without screaming.

I may have been a pain in the butt a few years back, but don't you think it was all worth it?? I mean, look at who I've turned out to be and all the things I've learned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sniff, sniff* As a parent, that is the sweetest note ever written!

Blakely said...

I thought of another one, just for my mom.

I'm sorry for all those times I made fun of you for crying during a movie, TV Show or a book. I now realize that you can't control the waterworks. I cry at least once a week, because of TV or a book!!