Thursday, September 20, 2007

Proofreader

Aaron and I joined Ames Racquet and Fitness Club earlier this week. We went for our first workout last night. It was a little overwhelming, because we haven't had our "orientation" to the facilities yet, but we had a nice workout and learned some things for next time.
  • Bring headphones. They had these great little TV's on every treadmill, eliptical and bike, but there's no sound unless you have headphones. Surely watching "King of the Hill" or "Reba" will be more interesting than watching my heartrate change and the seconds slowly passing by...
  • Don't leave the water bottle in the car all day. Then you end up with luke-warm water, which isn't very satisfying during a workout.
  • Take a padlock. It's not that I think anyone will steal my stuff out of the locker (I mean, my theory is that if a person has money to pay for a membership, they probably don't want or need to steal my free cell phone or my pants from Target...), but it's hard to remember where you put your stuff without some sort of identification. And a little security isn't bad either...

Next week we're going to a spinning class at the West location. It should be fun!!

No comments: