Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Soft Puppies!!

What a great weekend!! This is the type of trip I'd love to take all the time. We didn't just do all of the normal touristy things and had a wonderful time. On Saturday morning, we went to a great farmer's market with fresh, HOT donuts!! Then we took the "El" downtown and walked around Millenium Park, Michigan Avenue and Navy Pier (okay, so that's a little touristy). That night, we went out for "Here Style Pizza" as we called it while we were there and had some amazing Chicago Deep Dish Pizza!!


Sunday , we went to IKEA, which was worth the trip alone :-D I'm thankful that we haven't moved into a bigger house yet, or I don't know that I would have been able to contain myself. Then we went up to Wisconsin (about 3 miles into it) and went to Jelly Belly Lane. We got a great tour of a Jelly Belly distribution center and got tons of "Belly Flops" or Jelly Belly's that just weren't quite the right shape, but still taste great!! Forest Park was having their Centennial Fest, so we went and listened to a Dave Matthews Cover Band and watched some great fireworks.



I can't wait to go back...

No comments: