Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pink Bismuth

I met another Blakely the other night. Technically, she's a "Blakelee," but still...

We went to Old Chicago for dinner and our server walked up to the table and said, "Hi. My name is Blakelee and I'll be your server." Aaron and I were speechless, as we quickly looked for her nametag to make sure we'd heard her correctly. The next couple minutes were spent with Blakelee and Blakely just staring at eachother, trying to really soak in the fact that there was another one out there!! Then Aaron said, "We've been together 3 years and I've never met another Blakely." I responded with, "Well I've been Blakely for 22 years and I've never met another Blakely." Blakelee responded with, "I've never met another Blakelee in my 18 years."

When she walked away, I called my mom to tell her, because I thought it was that crazy. She pointed out that since this Blakelee was younger, that I'm still the original :-D

Aaron decided that he needed a way to keep all the Blakely's in the world straight now, so he decided that I should be "Smokin' Hot Blakely," since I'm his smokin' hot wife. For short though, he calls me "SHBlakely" (pronounced Sha-Blake-Lee).

No comments: