Friday, September 30, 2005

Popcorn Chicken

First off, I'd like to say, that I love popcorn chicken. I used to order chicken strips at every restaurant I went to, and then break them up into bite size pieces. I have since branched out, and get a little wild and crazy and order something other than chicken strips, but that's not the point here. Popcorn chicken is the best thing since sliced bread in the world of a "bite size piece chicken strip eater."

I don't really understand why they call it popcorn chicken though. They don't puff up from little tiny pieces of chicken when under extreme heat. I don't know of anyone that "pops up" a whole batch right before a movie. I can't imagine that they would taste good with Goobers or Milk Duds mixed in, or even drenched with butter. And above all that, I never get popcorn chicken that is actually the size of popcorn.

In case you hadn't figured it out, I'm currently eating popcorn chicken along with some Waldorf Salad (which I don't understand the name of either, but I bought it in my 'quest to be healthier') I would say at least 1/3, if not more, of the pieces of 'popcorn' chicken are bigger than a fun-sized candy bar. Probably close to another 1/3 may be the correct size to be considered popcorn like, but don't have any chicken in them, thus cancelling the "chicken" out of the name. "Popcorn" or "chicken" seems to be missing in at least 2/3 of the pieces!!

Oh, how wonderful it is to be done with exams for a few weeks, so that I can focus on the more important things in life, like popcorn chicken...

No comments: