Thursday, April 12, 2007

96% in Microsoft Word

Who is your person?? If you watch Grey's Anatomy, you know what I'm talking about. Meredith is Christina's person, and vice versa. For those of you who don't watch the show (although I can't understand why you wouldn't watch...), maybe an example will help. When Christina got engaged, she wanted to tell Meredith before she told anyone else, because Meredith is her person. However, Meredith had almost drowned and was on the brink of death, so Christina couldn't tell her. So Christina wouldn't tell anyone, because she had to tell her person first. Some people might equate your "person" to a "best friend," but I just don't think the terms are equitable. Similar though...

I think everyone wants to have a person. Someone who just understands them, without words, without question. Your person is the one you run to when you have great news or when you have bad news or when you have no news, just need someone. Now to qualify, although I think my husband meets these qualities, I don't think your person can be your spouse/significant other. That's just my take on it though.

Do you have a person??

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

:( I don't have a person. I end up telling my coworker alot of things because she is a captive audience and the first other person i see every day. My husband and I hardly even speak anymore. So - now that I think about it - I don't have a person at all.

.ambre. said...

i have a person! i have three persons! :)