Monday, April 02, 2007

Muddy Paw Prints

I was whining and moaning last week because I still have 6 weeks before I graduate. Over the weekend, I decided that I should try to be more optimistic. Now I'm thinking about how I only have 5 weeks left. Today provided many experiences that made me smile and helped me remain optimistic.

After working in the lab this morning, I was on my way to my math class when it started sprinkling. There was a bus behind me, so I started walking faster, then doing a little jog/walk to try to catch it (I'm sure I looked just beautiful...) but just as I was getting close, they closed the doors. I was feeling defeated, but then a guy sitting on the bench next to the bus stop saw me, jumped up, knocked on the bus door and told them that there was someone running up. So I was able to catch the bus and stay out of the rain!

The instructor in my math class offered everyone in attendance extra credit today, which is always nice to get. It's one of the two classes that I'm taking for a grade this semester (as opposed to pass/fail) so my grade is really important. Then as I was walking out of the building after math, a guy that was obviously in a hurry, stopped to hold the door for me. How nice!!

This was all before I got to work... AT work, my husband surprised me with lunch, because I'm not a fan of much on the employee menu this month. After I got into the office, I had flowers delivered to me. Flowers 'just because.' As if that wasn't enough, when I got out to the car, there was a sweet card, a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs and a sweet song all ready to play in the CD player.

On my drive home, I listened to my voicemail, where I had a message asking me if I'd like to set up an interview for a job I applied for!! I might actually have a job 5 weeks from now!!

Sometimes it's nice to be reminded of how good life is!!

No comments: