Thursday, April 19, 2007

Homemade French Silk Pie for Breakfast

This is how I almost died yesterday. I have an artist's rendering of the situation, to help everyone understand.
There I was (marked Blakely T1) waiting patiently at the crosswalk. It always annoys me when I'm driving around campus and students walk right out in front of me, so I always try to pay attention to traffic and cross the street in a marked crosswalk. So traffic stopped just short of the crosswalk (marked Car T1 and Motorcycle T1) and with no traffic coming from the other direction, it was my sign that I could cross. I start my way across the street when (at Blakely T2, Motorcycle T2, Car T2) I almost get hit by the motorcycle!! In a split second, I manage to scurry out of its way and avoid getting hit by about 6 inches. "What in the world just happened?!?" I wonder. "Oh, it was behind the car, but decided it was better than me and whipped around the car instead of waiting." I finish making my way across the street when I look back at the motorcycle (Blakely T3, Motorcycle T3 and Car T3). The motorcyclist has the nerve to shoot me a look like I was in the wrong here!! In the heat of the moment, I did shout some choice words at him. But I doubt it made any difference. He was on a motorcycle, which means he's untouchable. At least that's what I'm assuming he thinks, since he was riding around with no helmet and all... As a result, to ensure my own safety, I think I might wear a helmet around my last few weeks on campus!!

No comments: