Saturday, April 14, 2007

No coconut bra for me

I wrote a while back about how nice it was to be reminded of how good the world is. Today I was reminded of how "cruel" it can be as well.

I was waiting to go through the drive-thru at the bank. I wasn't sure which car ahead of me would be done first, so I was just waiting back a while so that I could pull into whichever opened up first. A car pulled up behind me and started honking. I thought maybe I was blocking his way to the ATM, so I pulled up just a little bit so he could get through. He whipped around me and almost ran into the front of my car as he basically butted ahead of me in line. So I pulled up behind the other stall and was waiting, a little upset over how rude this guy had been.

Then I hear this guy start calling me all sorts of names (I had my window down because it was nice). He called me a spoiled f-ing "witch." I responded by saying "I was just waiting in line." He responded with a few more swear words and called me a few more names, all because I hadn't picked a specific line to wait in, which apparently to him, was about the worst thing someone could do. Of course, the vehicle in front of the rude guy pulled out first, leaving me upset waiting even longer.

To top it off, I read this news story later today. At 114 years old, this woman says the biggest change of the last century is that people have become less friendly. How sad is that?!?

1 comment:

Bookworm said...

People are less friendly now. I guess it is because of the rat race that our lives have become. It's all about making a buck and getting whatever we want instantaneously. Sad but true.

I wouldn't have called you any names because I try to consider the reason for someone's behavior before judging them, but I don't like it when someone waits back like that either. Good for you for being kind adn moving over for that rude guy. That shows you are a bigger person than he. Very respectable.