Monday, August 15, 2005

4/7 ain't too bad...

So the good news is, the odds have improved and 4/7 employees showed up for Brunch yesterday, up from 3/8 last week. I ended up serving again, but not making nearly as much money as a couple weeks ago. Either way, it wasn't too bad and I had an okay time. One person who wasn't there got fired the night before when she was caught stealing wine. The other two were no call-no shows. The excuse from one girl is classic. She was just too darn tired to come in. If that was a valid excuse for not showing up, I don't think I'd ever show up for a shift!!

I definitely wouldn't have shown up on Sunday. Aaron and I were out until 3 AM hanging out with his sister and brother-in-law. We ended up sleep deprived, but we (or at least I) had a good time. We also saw them Saturday morning for a few hours before work, but I mainly just played with Emma during that time. It was a weekend full of family, because my stepdad's brother showed up from Tennessee last night with his new wife, so we were over at my parents house to meet them and see a lot of his family that I haven't seen in years.

Tomorrow is going to be a great day. Aaron and his dad are waiting on some supplies for a job they're doing, so he's able to take a day off and go to the State Fair with me!! I used to go every year with my family, but it's been probably 3 years since I've been, so I'm very excited. I also think it will be fun to experience the fair with Aaron for the first time. If a day at the fair isn't good enough by itself, we're also going to pick out a puppy!! I was looking at the Animal Rescue League website today (again!!) and there are 3 lab puppies that are 9 weeks old that were just brought in. There names are Arnie, Henry, and Rex. We like all of them, but we think we'd like Arnie or Henry best, because Rex has the same coloring as Steve and we want a dog that's different. You can go look at them at www.arl-iowa.org if you want to!! I'll keep you updated on his possible arrival!!

I think that pretty much summarizes the last few days. Oh, except for the lawn mowing. And believe me, I realize hos pathetic is makes me sound that I'm excited about this... I saw a flier at the post office about a kid who mows lawns, so we gave him a call. He only charges $12, so we thought we'd give him a try. Well, he came riding over on his push lawn mower, pulling a trailer behind him with a push mower, weed wacker, and leaf blower. He gave our lawn the royal treatment!! And we did the dishes, made and eat dinner while he was doing it!! It made for a very happy Aaron and Blakely.

No comments: