Monday, August 29, 2005

A day without a walk...

leaves the dogs in a constant state of hyperactivity. Since Nick's first walk last week, we've been taking the dogs on a walk every day. It's usually just a short walk, sometimes crammed in when one of us only has 15 minutes to spare, but it's a walk none the less and the dogs are WAY calmer at night. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to take the dogs on a walk tonight before Aaron had to go to work, so right now, they are running laps around the coffee table chasing eachother. There are occasional yelps coming from the puppy and yells coming from "Mommy" also known as me. The good news on the puppy front is that Nick has learned how to sit and shake, although he hasn't perfected it yet, because he's usually too excited.

So Aaron and I had the whole weekend off of work!! He got done mid-Friday, since it was raining, and didn't have to go back until 8am today!! I still had to work Friday night, but we both had Saturday and Sunday off. I spent most of Saturday dress shopping with my brother's fiance, Becky. It was a very fun and successful day!! Aaron and I went out to dinner on Saturday night, then came home and watched a movie together. Sunday we went to Brunch (not at the hotel!!) and then went to a movie together. We spent our afternoon relaxing, although I did have to fit a little homework in. Overall, it was a great weekend!!

After attending a few more classes, I still think I'll like all of my classes. My professor in my Race and Ethnic relations class really loves what he's teaching, gets a little overexcited, and sweats a lot, but I think it'll be interesting as the semester progresses. My Philosophy professor has a very dry sense of humor, saying things like "I went to the doctor yesterday and they poured liquid nitrogen on this thing on my forehead. It won't attack you unless you look directly at it." and then starts right into lecture without pausing. I think my listening class is going to be the most worthless, which is a little disappointing, because I was hoping it would be a good class. My Biological Psychology class is going to be the most difficult, but I also have the most friends in that class, so I should have plenty of "study-buddies" to make it through. I haven't really gotten a feel for my other Psych class, because it's only met once, but I know I like the professor, so it should be good. I might have already said some of this in another entry, but that's how I feel after attending class 4 times. I still have another 40 times to go though...

No comments: