Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I bet you can't guess what this post is about...

Steve has decided that whatever the puppy is playing with is the best toy in the house. Even if we give them both a rawhide or a Kong filled with the same surprise, Nick's is automatically better to Steve. The one toy that they can "share" is the tug-rope. I think it's absolutely adorable (imagine that!!) when the two of them are playing with it and I was elated when I managed to get a good picture of it!!

I took Nick on his first official walk today. We went all the way around the block!! For him though, it was more like we went around 3 or 4 blocks, because he LOVED to just run circles around me as we went. I think my plan worked beautifully, because Nick took a nap after that.

Beyond the dogs...Classes started on Monday. I don't dislike any of them yet, which is a good sign. There's one more class that only meets Thursdays that I'm pretty sure I'll like, because I've had the professor before and I enjoyed her teaching. So the good news is, I think I'll like my classes this semester. I'm taking Race and Ethnic Relations, Moral Theory and Practice, Listening, Brain and Behavioral Psychology, and Social Cognition along with Psych 201, which introduces Psych majors to the professors and their research. I think there'll be a lot of reading involved, but that's far better than Physics and cherry pits (you know what I'm talking about Trishia!!)

Most of my classes have been crammed into MWF, so I'm working in the sales office at the Hotel on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Once I actually learn what all I'm supposed to do, or more specifically, what all they want me to do, I think I'll like it. I spent a lot of yesterday waiting, learning, doing something, then waiting some more. To top it all of, I got the cold or severe allergies or minor flu or whatever Aaron's been sick with for over a week now, so I felt horrible when I was there.

Overall, starting school and the new job hasn't been too bad, but it's only been 3 days, so I'll have to see where the semester takes me.

No comments: